The Infrastructure & Industrial Development Department (IIDD) was constituted in the year 2007 with the merger of Department of Industrial Development and Infrastructure Development Department. The Department functions as the government arm to formulate and implement industrial and infrastructure development policies and strategies according to the specific needs and objectives of enabling socio-economic development of Uttar Pradesh.
In tune with its role as a facilitator of infrastructure & industrial development and investment, the Department works for investment promotion through dissemination of information on opportunities in the State. Ensuring regional balance in industrial development and level playing field for entrepreneurs, IIDD strives towards creating congenial business environment in the State. Moreover, redressal of grievances and mitigation of hurdles in setting of industrial units is one its main responsibilities.
Following organisations/ institutions/ agencies come under this Department
- Invest UP
- Industrial Development Authorities such as
- Uttar Pradesh State Industrial Development Corporation (UPSIDA)
- New Okhla Industrial Development Authority (NOIDA)
- Greater Noida Industrial Development Authority’s (GNOIDA)
- Lucknow Industrial Development Authority (LIDA)
- Gorakhpur Industrial Development Authority (GIDA)
- Satharia Industrial Development Authority (SIDA)
- Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority(YEIDA)
- Uttar Pradesh Expressways Industrial Development Authority (UPEIDA)
- UP Financial Corporation (UPFC)
- Pradeshiya Industrial & Investment Corporation (PICUP)
- Directorate of Printing & Publishing materials
- Others such as UP State Yarn Company, Cooperative Cotton Mill Union, State Spinning Company, State Textile Corporation, Institute of Tool room Training Centre (ITUP)
The various streams of work under IIDD is divided into the following sections –
- Section 1 for Pollution control, BIFR, works related to Cement/ Alcohol / Paper / Foundry & Steel / Engineering / Petrochemicals / Chemical / Kerosene / Molasses
- Section 2 for Printing press, publications, Legislative matters, Public Enterprises, Public Grievances, CMO, etc.
- Section 3 for Financial consultancy works, issues relating to Plan, Budget, Financial Approvals & Expenditure, etc.
- Section 4 for Industrial Authorities, Development of GoI projects, Infrastructure development works, land acquisition, etc.
- Section 5 for Infrastructure Section for various infrastructure & PPP projects
- Section 6 for for all policy related work, industry related works for labour, Press & Media related works, High level meetings etc.